Practical Project Management worked example using Gantt Charts, PMI, PMP, APM
Project Management is an incredibly powerful skill, and pretty much everything in the world relies on it! The Olympics, developing a new disease cure, putting a man on the moon, launching a new product range, or even just planning a birthday party - if you can master Project Management you can lead any project of any size with the same simple process. However, amazingly, most people are never taught it, and those who are will often be shown an overcomplicated and overwhelming version with confusing software and detailed maths. Instead, in this course, you’ll be walked through step by step on how to simply and effectively manage any project, in any industry, with any budget.
The Project Management process taught in this Project Management Fundamentals course is the APM (aka PMP or PMI) method. It’s based on decades of academic research and is widely accepted as the ultimate Project Management solution. The difference with this course is that it’s a live work-along version - so we will plan a real-life project together and show you how simple and effective the tools are. You’ll learn how to make a PERT diagram with Post-it notes, and a Gantt Chart using only Excel. Say goodbye to overcomplicated Prince2 or Agile, and enjoy the simplicity of this 12 Step Process. This course covers detailed tips for excellent planning using Gantt Charts and PERT diagrams, managing a team, avoiding overspend, predicting risks and dealing with multiple stakeholders.
After this course, you will feel calm, collected, well prepared and confident that your project will be a success. You’ll know how to come in on time, on budget, and with a very happy boss. We look at lots of real-life project management examples (some of which will definitely get you laughing) and give you practical tools you can use right away to get better results in your projects. Whether you're managing a small at-home project or an entire global corporate expansion this course will empower you as someone who is always one step ahead.
The course overview includes:
A step by step “real-time” project planned out before your eyes
Create a Gantt Chart using only Excel, and a PERT diagram using just Post-It notes
Templates and tools to plan your own project simply and effectively
Common mistakes which will instantly set your project up to fail
What makes a great project manager
Be able to manage a successful project even with zero experience in that industry
Predicting which tasks are crucial to your project timing
Measuring whether you're on a budget and on time - and how to fix it if you're not
Feel calm and effective in running a project of any size in any industry
This course does not look at Agile or Prince in detail - but something better!
And lots lots more!
By becoming great at Project Management, not only will you pave the way for future promotion, but you'll also have saved your company thousands!
What you’ll learn
- Feel confident applying Project Management theory to your real-life project
- Be able to manage a successful project even with zero experience in that industry
- Build a Gantt chart using no specialist software (just Excel and Post-it Notes)
- Use the PMP or PMI method to do Project Management
- Measuring whether you're on a budget and on time - and how to fix it if you're not
- Learn how to make a Gantt Chart and a PERT diagram with ease
- Feel calm and effective in running a project of any size in any industry
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- Nothing - just a willingness to learn!
- We will use Excel Spreadsheets in the course so having that (or a similar tool) will be necessary
- Having a project in mind would be helpful
Who this course is for:
- Anyone managing a project (now or soon) - whether big or small
- People who find project management stressful - or feel their projects often run late or overspend
- Those who want to run smooth, efficient and impressive projects - and level up their career
- Someone who wants to do Project Management in their future career
- This course does not teach Agile or Prince - but something even better!
1hr 52min of video content published and 33 videos
Back to all courses